A MESSAGE TO OUR PATRONS ABOUT COVID-19
The Shed places a high priority on the health and well-being of all our patrons, artists, and staff. We are monitoring and evaluating news and spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), and we will follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as from Blount County Government and the City of Maryville.
The Shed is intensifying its cleaning practices across our facility in an abundance of caution to not only prepare for the upcoming concert season, but also to keep the Smokehouse as safe an environment as possible. Precautionary measures we have planned include: new hand sanitizing stations, daily and rigorous disinfection of all high-touch surface areas, such as doorknobs, handles, bar and counter surfaces, and faucets. All menus will be fully sanitized after each customer uses them and then placed in a sterile location. Tables and Sauces will be cleaned and sanitized after each customer and bartenders and kitchen staff will be taking extra precautionary measures to ensure all food and drink preparations are handled with the utmost of care. In addition to these steps, The Shed already exclusively uses disposable plates, cups, and utensils which will cut down on person to person transfer.
The great thing about The Shed is that it is an outdoor concert venue, so the open air environment should help mitigate any unwanted person to person contact. With that said, we ask that all concert attendees be sure to give everyone plenty of space, The Shed is a huge spot with a ton of room for everyone, respect each other and enjoy the show!
We encourage all patrons to remain vigilant and follow hygiene practices as published by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not shake hands and when possible, use your elbows or feet to open doors
- Wash your hands frequently with hot water and soap for 20 seconds (it helps to sing the tune of “Happy Birthday to You” all the way through twice to yourself as you wash, to ensure you are doing a thorough job).
- If you feel ill or experience flu-like symptoms, we urge you to stay home and seek medical care.
Thank you to all of our fans and to the fans of the artists we have, we assure you that we are taking every precaution possible to take care of you the way you take care of us.